- Business & Corporate Law
- Estate Planning
- Probate, Estate and Trust Administration
- Real Estate
- Wills & Trusts
- Corporate executives, officers and directors
- Current and former owners of closely-held and publicly-traded companies
- Physicians, dentists and other service professionals
- Individuals and corporations involved in business and real estate acquisitions and related transactions
- Individuals interested in estate planning (e.g., wills, appointing guardians for minor children, trusts, marital property agreements, powers of attorney, advance health care directives and tax planning)
- Individuals needing assistance with probating a decedent’s estate or administration and settlement of a trust
- High net worth individuals focusing on leveraging the use of Estate, Gift and GST Tax exemptions and in some cases, addressing closely held business and/or philanthropic objectives, including Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts, Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts, Charitable Lead Trusts, Charitable Remainder Trusts, sales to defective Grantor Trusts, Spousal Lifetime Access Trusts, and the creation and administration of family foundations
- Multi-Generational Family Wealth Transfer Planning
- General counsel to family / closely held businesses
Awards & Distinctions
- Accredited Estate Planner® (AEP®)*
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers, 2015 - 2022
- Wisconsin Rising Stars, 2006, 2008, 2010-2012
- Avvo.com, the legal rating website, has given Evan a perfect 10 out of 10 rating describing Evan’s legal skills as “Superb”
- AV Preeminent® rating from Martindale-Hubbell® peer review rating service**
- Platinum Client Champion Award from Martindale-Hubbell®
Evan is the founding attorney and managing member of Lin Law LLC. He practices in the areas of Estate Planning, Probate, Estate and Trust Administration, Real Estate and Corporate/Business law. Evan is certified as an Accredited Estate Planner® (AEP®) by the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils (NAEPC).*
Evan has been named to the 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 Wisconsin Super Lawyers list as one of the top lawyers in Wisconsin for Estate Planning and Probate by the publishers of Super Lawyers® Magazine. Each year, only 5% of attorneys in Wisconsin are named Super Lawyers®. Evan was previously named to the Wisconsin Rising Stars list five times in Estate Planning and Probate by the same publication. Evan has also received an AV Preeminent® rating from Martindale-Hubbell® peer review rating service, the highest rating available, reflecting an attorney who has achieved the height of professional excellence and is recognized for the highest level of skill and integrity.** Martindale-Hubbell® also recently awarded Evan with the Platinum Client Champion Award, its highest designation for client satisfaction. This award recognizes those attorneys who excel at service as affirmed by their clients through the quantity and quality of reviews. In addition, the legal rating website Avvo.com has given Evan a perfect 10 out of 10 rating describing Evan’s legal skills as “Superb.”
Evan graduated magna cum laude from Loyola University of Chicago in 1995 with a bachelors degree in business, and from the University of Wisconsin Law School, cum laude, in 1998. While in law school, Evan received the State Bar of Wisconsin and the University of Wisconsin Law School award for highest achievement in his Federal Estate / Gift Taxation class and his Corporate Taxation class.
Evan is also a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and has been an adjunct faculty member in the paralegal program at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College teaching a class in Estate Planning and Probate Administration. Evan is frequently invited to speak to attorneys, accountants, financial advisors and other community organizations regarding estate planning, probate and related topics.
Evan is admitted to practice in all state courts in Wisconsin, the Western District of Wisconsin Federal Court, and the United States Tax Court. Evan’s professional affiliations include serving as current President and a member of the Board of Directors of the Estate Planning Council of Northeast Wisconsin and as Past President of the Green Bay Estate Planning Forum. Evan has recently been elected to the board of directors of the Solo Small Firm and General Practice Section of the State Bar of Wisconsin. Evan also is Past President of the Brown County Bar Association, and a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin and the Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
As a native of Green Bay, Evan is active in his community and volunteers his time for a number of community organizations and charities, including past and present service with the American Heart Association, Big Brothers / Big Sisters of Northeastern Wisconsin, the Learning Through Golf Foundation, the Bay Area Humane Society, Inc., Scholarships, Inc., the Greater Green Bay Community Foundation, the Notre Dame Academy Foundation and chairing the Notre Dame Academy Board of Education. Evan has also volunteered his time in the Wisconsin Wills for Heroes pro bono program which provides free wills, financial powers of attorney and advance health care directives to publicly employed and volunteer first responders and their spouses and partners.
In his spare time, Evan enjoys cheering for the Packers and Badgers, golfing, running and spending time with his wife and three daughters.
Published Articles, Lectures & Presentations
- Instructor of Paralegal Estate Planning & Administration of Estates, Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
- Instructor for Learning in Retirement (LIR) Program at UWGB teaching a class in estate planning and probate to retired seniors
- "Keeping Estates Profitable: Advanced Planning Techniques in Wisconsin” – National Business Institute
- “Estate Planning Needs for Baby Boomers: Maintaining Flexibility During Uncertain Times” – 23rd Annual Financial Planning Symposium Program of Northeast Wisconsin
- “Flexible Estate Planning During Uncertain Times” – Financial Planning Association of Northeast Wisconsin
- “Estate Planning – The Fundamentals” – Institute of Management Accountants
- “The Probate Process from Start to Finish” – National Business Institute
- Frequent Lecturer at Legal Seminars on Estate Planning Issues & Related Topics to attorneys, accountants and other professionals